Thursday, February 18, 2016

Week 25: 2/11/2016-2/18/2016

This past week I completed the preliminary analysis on the Kent study we are collaborating on and I worked on scripts to prepare our data to run on ScanMatch.

I edited and ran the R script I wrote to clean the Kent study data from iTrace raw data into nice fixation eye gaze data. The script creates two .csv files: the first one aggregates the fixations by source code entity name and file name, so we can see how many times a person visited a source code entity, the second one creates a time series/sequential data file of the source code entities visited over time.

I performed more research on ScanMatch and discovered that I will have to write scripts to get the data into a specific form to be able to use on ScanMatch. ScanMatch doesn't allow us to use more than  676 AOIs when creating sequences from our data, so I will have to write scripts to create sequences from our data. They also don't provide a way to create the substitution matrix in a way that works properly for our data, so I will have to write scripts to create it myself. After that we should be able to utilize their ScanMatch algorithm with a few modifications to their Matlab code. I plan to get those scripts written and ran this weekend.

I have also been preparing for the Pi Mu Epsilon Regional Conference that we are hosting at YSU this weekend, Sat. Feb 20, 2016. I am the current YSU chapter president for PME, so I have to shop for food, set up and preform registration in the morning, stuff folders, give a welcoming speech, and present a talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment